9.21.2010

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ RICHARD NICOLL

I met Richard Nicoll on a trip to London right before Paris Fashion Week a few years ago. Around five. A group of us including staff from Intersection magazine and Richard were going to take a car trip to Paris for the shows and parties. (You can read a little bit about it here .) At the time I knew he was a designer, but I wasn't totally familiar with his work. We sat in the back seat for the long-ish journey past approaching-castle signs (which is really a neat experience if you've grown up in the States), chatting and laughing. He is modest, interested, funny, charming, fun as hell. (He also has very pretty eyes.) I think one of the first things he said to me was, "And where is your boyfriend?" The more I learned about him, the more I found him to be so incredibly unassuming and chill. Later that week the car party ended up at the same Dazed party together (a few of us were connected to Dazed, including moi) which was filled with some of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. They looked like they walked out of a story book. And Richard was right there with me, spinning me around and admiring all the pretty girls (including Kate Moss) and their pretty styles. What I got was that he really understood "the feminine" and appreciated it in his very own way. It was great fun and I was really sad to leave that year. We were all exhausted on the drive back to London after that week. So now...whenever I see his new lines, I feel very strange in a good way. I've always loved his unique vision for women and/in fashion. And I think this is my favorite collection yet. I didn't stay in touch with him, but I do always hope that one day our paths will cross again (soon). ♡

Such a new take on a classic look and so many separates that can be worn so many ways.
Neat look. Old and new.
Chic.
I love the pieces here. Especially the skirt. And the cardigan.
I love the little "dress" here. And the pants separately.
love it.
So hot. And the color, too.
I already posted this look yesterday, but I love it so much that I had to post it again!


all images from style.com

No comments: