1.21.2011

GIRL FRIDAY ♥ THE QUEEN OF CHINATOWN AND LOUIS VUITTON ♥

First, I have to say how much I love so many of the campaigns for Spring. I mean, you've probably noticed how many images I've been posting (and will post). I really love the Marc Jacobs "Taxi Driver" image for the namesake label and it'll end up on my bathroom wall soon. But I really absolutely love the new Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 campaign. I call it the Opium Den campaign...but it could easily be the Opium Den Disco campaign, too. It's perfectly done. There are images of my mom from the 70s with her hair like that and her makeup like that, too. Maybe a bit less, but the same vibe. And so I thought it would be a perfect time to post one of my all-time favorite Amanda Lear songs and videos....it's for the song "THE QUEEN OF CHINATOWN" and it's fully disco-YO. You will see the connection instantly, and I think you'll understand what Marc Jacobs was going for with this collection. Who knows...this song could have been the sole inspiration for the collection. If you don't know very much about Amanda Lear, do read up about her...ahem. There are some amazing stories about her and Bowie (and video if you search YouTube). (PS I definitely want posters of this entire campaign...!)♡





YSL OPIUM PERFUME AD 1976
YSL AND THE FASHION (DISCO) PACK
BIBA


more girl friday ♥ pig mag & pretty hair

louis vuitton images from trendhunter.com

No comments: