3.07.2011

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ GALLIANO'S GOODBYE

I am just really sad over the whole thing and what's happening to a big part of fashion. It's hard not to be sad about it. I mean, he's not Dior meaning it's not his namesake house, but he is a Picasso of design. And that's why I loved the John Galliano Fall 2011 "farewell" collection. I mean, I guess there is no longer a Galliano line proper. So sad. And with everything else going on. I wish kids would go back to how it used to be. I remember the first time I was going to go to New York City...and all I kept hearing was that "there are a lot of really cute little shops where young designers sell their clothes...so it's great." Now everything looks like a mall. 

Anyway...back to this. I don't know what to think about everything. But I do believe once you've gone over the deep end, you have no idea which way is up or down. So I feel badly in that respect. I do have a friend who used to see Galliano quite frequently...I'll have to ask her what she thinks and get back to you here. But for now, I can say I did love this 30s collection so so so much. And I especially loved the painted faces that looked just like the carnival prize chalk dolls. Which also looked like Dietrich.♡

gorgeous and amazing make up and styling
my favorite look of the collection...
perfection.
i also loved these shoes!
1930s carnival chalk doll prizes



more makeup monday ♥ honey and grits

images of show from style.com
chalk doll images from ebay

No comments: