8.07.2011

SATURDAY SHOW ♥ BALENCIAGA & SPAIN

Oh how I hope I make it to San Francisco soon...or before this amazing exhibition titled "Balenciaga and Spain" closes at the gorgeous de Young Museum. The last time I was at the de Young was over a year ago to see the amazing King Tut exhibit. I think the de Young is actually a great place for a fashion exhibit because it's very dark and has a lot of rooms. Oh darn...I just double checked and the exhibit closed last month. :( I'll look and see if it's traveled to another spot. It's worth mentioning anyway. It says on the de Young site that this show "examines the profound and enduring influence of Spain on the work of haute couture master Cristóbal Balenciaga. The impact of Spanish culture, history, and traditions is explored through the recurring themes in Balenciaga’s oeuvre and organized in the exhibition in six sections: Spanish Art, Regional Dress, the Spanish Court, Religious Life and Ceremony, the Bullfight, and Dance. Hamish Bowles, the European editor at large for Vogue, is guest curator. Objects are drawn from museum and private collections in France, Spain, and the United States..." It also says "no strollers admitted in this exhibit. Hilarious. Oh how I miss living in a real city where shows like this one come and go on a regular basis. I don't own any vintage Balenciaga YET. But I did find an old Balenciaga dust bag from the 70s in my mom's closet and asked her, "Um, mom...where is the item that went with this bag...and what was it?" Her answer? "I think it's a purse but I don't know where it is...it's somewhere in there." Ugh! Are you kidding me?♡





let's all take a big big sigh of wishful thinking. :)



the catalog from the exhibit

um yeah...the bazaar outfit and this one were in the show.


CRISTOBAL BALENCIAGA. A GENIUS.

more saturday show ♥ scognamiglio spring summer 2011


images from 
hispanicallyspeakingnews.com,raincitystylistas.blogspot.com,http://letshaveagardenparty.blogspot.com

No comments: