11.14.2011

MAKEUP MONDAY ♥ VINTAGE CK BRUSHES

The other day, out of the blue, I was with my mom in her garage and she pulled out a box and said something like, "I think these are old brushes..." Old brushes? What? I looked at the box and saw not only were they vintage cosmetic/make up brushes, but they were also CALVIN KLEIN from the late 70s! I have a family member who worked for CK in the 70s and early 80s. I remember wallets and clothes and make up and stuff from my mother's dresser that I'd play with. But I had never seen this brush set and it's amazing because it's from the golden era of the brand when Brooke Shields was the mascot and rust was their color! The brush set is cool and was most likely some sort of gift type of thing. But I still love love love it...! I think one of the most interesting things about it is that it's made in the USA! Nothing is made in the US anymore, btw.♡

the paper box it came in.

the hard plastic brush case itself.

the brushes and mirror when you first open it up. can you believe it's that old and looks this new? so ck from back in the day with wood brushes and white brush hair.

the case's mirror stands up if needed.

looks like my mom used the lip brush :)

ck new york new york, made in the usa!


more makeup monday ♥ calvin klein and coty

all images my own. please credit the blog if you use them.

No comments: