12.27.2011

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ PRE-FALL 2012 (?!)

I initially had planned on doing today's post on one of my favorite Christmas'ssss....when I got a couple of Lanvin pieces I had been dying for. But I have to get the dress out (it's amazing and vintage...it fits me perfectly. I love it.) and photograph it...so maybe I'll get it out by the week end. 

I thought it so odd that Pre-Fall collections were showing at the very same time people were running around buying their final gifts, going to parties and flying around the country. Did anyone even notice OR CARE that there were Pre-Fall lookbooks going up on Style.com? I tried to follow. But all I could really think was, "Why are we seeing things that will be in the stores like....in almost a year from now." We're in Fall/Winter 2011 right now. They're showing Pre-Fall FOR NEXT YEAR! I don't know if I'm making any sense...but the collections that'll show in the proper Fall/Winter 2012 (or will it be 2013??) are already going to be unveiled way early enough. Do we really and truly need to see the collections for PRE FALL? That's so far down the road. 

I really did like the girly/gamine/very Asian market collection from MOSCHINO CHEAP & CHIC. This is an underrated brand to me. Well, those who know love it but a lot of girls have no clue about this designer diffusion line. I'm showing the blush trompe l'oeil pieces I liked, but there was a lot to choose from.

MOSCHINO CHEAP & CHIC PRE-FALL 2012





I do love the things I saw in the petite 18-piece lookbook from ERIN FETHERSTON. The thing I like about Erin is that I know I'm her girl. Meaning, she does design for someone like me. She is a party girl. It's clear in her clothes. But she has this street/vintage cool girl thing about her. I haven't loved the past collections. But I do like the below pieces. And I love the styling. But I always love the styling. If you've never seen Erin, she's a pretty and stylee girl.

ERIN FETHERSTON PRE-FALL 2012



And although I'm sort of tired of seeing the same kind of lookbooks and runway shows that THEYSKENS' THEORY is doing, I do love the stuff Olivier Theyskens is making over there. It's pretty clear he's having fun and it's easy and he's probably loving the life right now because he's designing for a company...not getting backed like a designer does with all that pressure. I mean, maybe I'm missing something here, but even though the clothes are dark, they are very cute and I can see a lot of girls loving them. I obviously love all the black things...I can't show everything I like because there is too much. But I do love the other pieces, too. And I think it's funny that it looks like a lot of girls in a show, but it's one model, Elsa Sylvan, over and over. It's funny when you realize it. I mean, you have to remember this is THEORY...which was a line of clothes carried at nicer department stores. He really elevated the brand to a place they've always wanted to be.

THEYSKENS' THEORY PRE-FALL 2012
You have to remember that Theyskens was at NINA RICCI for a little bit. And this dress and the dress below make me think of his Nina Ricci collections. I love them. I'd grab these pieces so fast. I think they look high designer. Not designer department store!


love the glam rock



Okay...hope you are enjoying some time off. My industry shuts down for a week at least. I might start playing with the web stuff for the novel promotions...BUT I'M TOO TIRED AND LAZY. :) Have a good one. xx♡

more tuesday tailor ♥ alexandre vaulthier couture

images from style.com

No comments: