3.08.2012

THURS SHOW ♥ THE LV ORIENT EXPRESS

YEARS and years ago when I was an editor for a few magazines, I so so wanted to do a fashion shoot on a train across the country in the same style as The Orient Express....so imagine how excited and freaked out I was when I was watching the Fall Winter 2012/2013 Louis Vuitton show?!?!? Let me say this:
If you are traditional, this collection is not for you...
If you are into Michael Kors, this collection is not for you...
If you don't like vintage, this collection is not for you...
If you are afraid or uncomfortable to step out of the box, this collection is not for you...
If you hate to see fashion move forward, this collection is not for you...
If you hate hats and bags and big shoes, this collection is not for you...
If you think being fashionable and sexy means wearing nothing and showing everything, this collection is not for you...
If you think fashion is about doing what everyone else says to do, this collection is not for you...
If you like beige shift dresses and that's a wild time for you, this collection is not for you...
If you can't see a time when women (and men) really took the time to actually wear things that looked a lot like this and layered outfits like this and wore big ass hats and gloves like this, this collection is not for you. 

Really...if you can't see the vision, then this collection is not for you and will never be for you. 

IT IS, however, for me and if i had a lot of cash to throw down, I would be investing in so many of these pieces. I've also included the gorgeous Edwardian hats that Stephen Jones (and my amazing good friend Adele Mildred) created for the show. I think they were totally totally amazing. And I will own a pair of those giant round sunglasses. Those are for me.♡
















more thursday show ♥ cake art fashion

No comments: