3.20.2012

TUESDAY TAILOR ♥ HEDI GOES TO YSL


WOOHOO...I mean, it is good news to hear that boy wonder (or man wonder) Hedi Slimane is headed off to YSL...though, I don't understand where Stefano is going. He did a great job. Hopefully he's headed off to something new and fantastic. I remember eons ago...in the early 2000's if that was possible, when I was writing for a bunch of magazines including Anthem (which I think is still around). It was a great time to be writing for tastemaker publications and Anthem was at the top of the basket. Anyway...I distinctly remember the day the editors and publishers were giddy that news had come from France that rockstar creative head for Dior Homme, Hedi, was a huge fan of the magazine and wanted to contribute...so they gave him an entire issue. Now, I don't have the issue with me...and I couldn't find it online. But it did happen. Hedi back then was something amazing and fresh to us as was Raf. These days they're moguls practically...everyone knows who they are and what they are doing. And good for them. I can't wait to see what Hedi does with YSL. He's a magic maker. I mean, he really brought back slim suits and ties and short hair back in the day with Dior Homme...I think he relaunched a major man tailored look. But I gotta say...I love Stefano for making those lovely YSL cutout/paperdoll pendants. And those python wedges....

Since I couldn't find one pic of that Anthem Hedi issue...I decided to showcase the photographs he did recently of Daphne Groeneveld for Vogue Russia (you know how much I heart Russian Vogue!)...They are gorrrrgeous. And so so Hedi.♡











more tuesday tailor ♥ giles fall winter 2011

No comments: