7.06.2012

♥ GIRL FRIDAY ♥ NEW KIM BAXTER (ALL GIRL SUMMER FUN BAND) RECORD! ♥



ALL GIRL SUMMER FUN BAND is one of the best all-female bands out there. We did a big story on them when I was the US editor for Oyster magazine a couple of years ago. And I managed to keep in touch with them. Recently one of the girls, Kim Baxter, got in touch with me to tell me about her new solo album. I should have gotten this up way sooner, but I've been so swamped with all the preparations for my novel's launch (so sorry, Kim!)...but better late than never, right? 


Her new album, THE TALE OF ME AND YOU, is AMAZING. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. If you're looking for a great summer soundtrack to your life, check it out! You can sample the songs below and then pick up the album afterwards because of course you are going to love it. It's as good as some of my favorite Japanese bands. And more. I love her voice! Here is the link to her site where you can buy the record: http://kimbaxter.bandcamp.com. I especially love "Tallest Tourist", but all of the songs rule! And I am SUPER PICKY when it comes to music. Because I still get loads of new records every week. I also love "Arc de Triomphe". I dunno. I can't choose. I love all the songs!♡



Here's Kim's facebook:
more girl friday ♥ iris van herpen 2012

2 comments:

Joel said...

Just saw her in San Francisco. Indeed, rad, she is.

montronix said...

indeed! i forwarded your comment onto her...she is talented and sweet. :) thx for the comment! mt